People who sit for long hours each day should pay close attention to their back. If the muscles are not stretched properly, we can even experience horrible discomfort in the head. That is why it is essential to stop, breathe deeply, and take a few minutes to practice some simple exercises. After doing them, you will surely feel much better.
1. Cow face pose
- Sit on the floor and, after a long breath, bring your left foot toward your right glute with your left knee pointing directly at you.
- Now place the right leg over the left so that the knees are aligned as closely as possible and both are facing forward. Your feet should be on either side of you, with your toes pointing behind you.
- Stretch your spine as far as you can, as if an invisible rope were pulling your head toward the ceiling.
2. Child’s posture
- Begin this exercise in a four-legged stance with your wrists, elbows, and shoulders stacked, and placing your palms on the floor.
- Then slowly push your butt back as close to your heels as possible, comfortably and painlessly.
- Lower your head and chest as low as possible as your arms extend further .
- Hold this pose for 20 to 30 seconds or even longer. Then slowly return to the starting position.
3. Rotational stretch of the lower back in a sitting position
- This rotational stretch for the lower back helps relieve pain, even if you are sitting or sitting in a chair while doing it.
- Keep your feet on the floor while sitting.
- Rotate your core to the right, keeping your hips level and your spine erect.
- Place your left hand on your right knee to support the stretch, keeping your shoulders parallel.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and repeat the exercise on the left side.